- About Us
- Our Work
- Get Legal Help
- Get Involved
- Impact Advocacy
- Support GBLS
Our mission is to provide free legal assistance to as many low-income families as possible to help them secure some of the most basic necessities of life.
GBLS plays a unique role in the social service delivery system. It is the agency to which other providers refer clients when no one else can help and legal assistance is needed.
Our clients are:
- victims of domestic violence and their children needing protections against abuse,
- homeless families seeking access to emergency shelter or permanent housing
- families facing destitution in need of subsistence benefits
- low-income renters facing possible homelessness
- elders and individuals with disabilities in need of critical income and medical benefits
- immigrants fleeing torture and persecution needing protection in our country
- and low-wage workers denied their earned wages and benefits.