- About Us
- Our Work
- Get Legal Help
- Get Involved
- Impact Advocacy
- Support GBLS
Can GBLS Help Me?
GBLS provides free civil (non-criminal) legal assistance to low-income people in Boston and thirty-one additional cities and towns (See a list of towns in GBLS's service area.) The help we offer ranges from legal advice to full case representation, depending on client need.
Greater Boston Legal Services (GBLS) can help you if:
- Your legal issue is a civil, non-criminal issue.
- You live within our service area, which includes the City of Boston and 31 neighboring cities and towns. (See a list of towns in the GBLS service area.)
- Your income falls within the guidelines in the table below. (Find out if you are income eligible.)
- GBLS also serves elders (age 60 and up) in the following towns: Acton, Bedford, Boxborough, Burlington, Carlisle, Concord, Harvard, Lexington, Lincoln, Littleton, Maynard, North Reading, Reading, Stow and Wilmington.
You can become a client in a number of ways:
- Call the Main Office during regular hours: Monday-Friday, 9AM 5:00PM.
- Come to the Main office during walk-in hours: 9 am - 5 pm. In emergency cases, an attorney can see you the same day. Otherwise, you will be given an appointment with an attorney for another day.
- Attend a legal clinic at our main office or at a neighborhood community center. See a list of locations here.
- If you are disabled and require an accommodation to access our services, please call us at 617-371-1234, 800-323-3205 (toll-free) or 617-371-1229 (TDD).
All services are free to eligible clients. Call our office for more information about other services and programs including legal clinics and referrals to lawyers who will not charge a fee.
*Services for Elders (over 60 years of age) only.
Elder clients and Medicare beneficiaries are not subject to the income guidelines.